Thursday, December 4, 2008

Something more

It feels like... I don't know what it feels like, but it feels right....


Every time I start to write, I start to think. And every time I start to think, I start to think of you. I know I've said that before, but it's still true. I woke up this morning to the following three thoughts:
Shit, my alarm.
Shit, laundry.
Shit, she's not here.
I turn off my alarm.
I start my laundry.
I check my messages. No texts from her. No emails. No Facebook. But wait. There she is... IM. A nice message essentially wishing me a good night.
I smile, and now I can start my day.
Got to make a plan, Got to do what's right, Can't run around in circles, If you wanna build a life, But I don't want to make a plan, For a day far away, While I'm young and while I'm able, All I want to do is...
is... what? While I'm young and able, what is it that I want to do? Experience life. Not just go day to day to day to day doing the same things over and over again. I want to actually live life. Try new things, meet new people, go to new places... That's why my vacations are so important to me. I live for them. They are my chance to escape my everyday and live a life that isn't normally mine.
My mind keeps wandering. It's too early to blog, especially with no breakfast. I don't have to work for a few more hours and I've got about 45 more minutes 'til my clothes are done in the dryer, so maybe I'll try and catch a few more zzz's....
Oh, and if you're wondering about the building in the photo to start this blog off... it's the Baughman Center on UF's campus. The picture was taken around 2003 or so on one of my many alligator hunts around Lake Alice. For all the things I don't miss, there are one or two things that I miss a lot. That's one of them.

No comments: