Thursday, December 4, 2008

A quickie to be followed with something a bit more...

How can I be expected to just pop on line and write a masterpiece every night? Seriously? I only have so many stories to tell... so many things to complain about... I only have so much enlightenment that I can share.... but still, you ask for more. After all I've given you, you ask for more.

I'm going to start tonight's blog by dipping in to the mailbag and answering a question from a reader.

Dear Dave. Just Dave, How do you do it? How do you write such personal things for all the world to see? How do you write about people you know are going to be reading? - Your Only Reader

Well, Reader, it's really quite simple. You asked 3 questions there, so I'll answer each one. The first, 'How do you do it?' Well, that's a little personal, but I like to finish off with my signature move, "The Nip-Tuck." Unfortunately, I can't go in to details, since the patent is still pending, but let's just say that it works every like a charm.

The second question was "how do you write such personal things for all the world to see?" Easy Peasy... Some people see therapists to help them work through their problems, other people take medications, others just take drugs. I write. It's how I stay as close to sane as I do. It's cathartic. And as for doing it in public, well, I can be a bit of an exhibitionist at times. Oh, the things I've done on the F in the middle of Florida Field... but that's a whole different story. I get off a little on knowing that other people can see my thoughts and emotions... plus I think it's pretty cool that people care enough to read... a bit of an ego boost for me.

Okay, the third and final question was about writing about people when I know they will read it. Well, honesty is the best policy, right? It's not like I have anything to hide from anybody, and if I'm perfectly OK putting it all out there for a complete stranger, why wouldn't it be OK to have someone I care about read those same words? It's just who I be.

No comments: