Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Little's Enough

I never said that I was perfect. I only said that I would try.

I'm on my knees... whispering please.. please... please don't go.

It feels like we've been here before. standing right where we are.

Looking up at the same bright stars.

I can already see in your eyes that you forgive me for being me

......

....

.

.....

Ok. Enough of that. it's not going anywhere. It feels like I'm broken tonight. The right words aren't coming to me. I can't say whatever it is that inisde me that needs to be said.

I am on fire, though... I can say that. And it would be true. Not in the most literal sense, but in the sense that I'm so freakin' hot that it feels like I could just melt away... I think that's the secret to how I've been losing weight lately... I've been burning everything up. I was wearing a t-shirt when I started typing this.... it has since smoldered away into ashes. And even those ashes are gone now. completely incinerated.

It's kind of scary, actually. I mean, it's just after Christmas and I'm going to have to put on my AC. That's just not right.

....

There are times when I don't know when to stop.

Sometimes I keep going.

I keep doing things

I keep saying things

I keep making tiny adjustments, tiny corrections

Trying to make things just right.

Really, though, most of that isn't necissary.

Most times, a little really is enough.

I think I just inspired myself to stop writing tonight.

Because, really, I could have just said that I loved you and that would have been enough.

Good night, dear reader.... and may you sleep the sleep of children and dream of things for which there are no words.

No comments: