Wednesday, December 17, 2008

mama she told me to watch out for girls like you
she warned me, yes, she told me just what to do
she told me just what to say, she taught me how to leave
she told me just what would happen if i wore my heart on my sleeve

...

I close my eyes and I see a snapshot of you and me together and we're happy. we're so happy. You can see the sky behind us and it's so blue. deep blue. and there is this one thin line of clouds and they are so very white. Not enough clouds to ruin the day. Just one thin line making it's way across the sky, giving shade only to those who need it.

...

I close my eyes and I see a snapshot of you. It's from before we met. you say you odn't remember where its from, but the way I've seen you look at that picture, I know you do. You're not smiling. Your friends tell me that you smiled a lot back then... but in this pcture, you're not. This picture is the truth. No guards, no walls, just you and the camera.

...

I close my eyes and I see a snapshot of myself from just before we met. I have a slight smile on my face, like I almost know what is about to happen... but the smile also shows that I'm not ready for it. For how strong it will be. For how fast it will hit me. I'm on the verge of being happy and I don't even know it.

...

I think I thought I saw you there

...

when I was surrounded by the world around me you were the only one who saw me who helped me who saved me... you reached out through the crowd and took my hand and guided me through the madness and your smile kept me warm and your arms kept me safe and your love kept me alive.... while everything was stacked up... stacked against us... you carried us through... i was weak.. and now i'm strong... and now it's my turn... it's my turn.. it's my turn to love you... i will hold you tight and i won't let go... i won't stop even if you're telling me no.... i'll see you through to the other side... and if you don't want me then... if you don't need me then.... then at least i've paid my debt to you.... when you're surrounded by the world i will be there to help you and hold you and save you... i'll reach out through the crowd and take your hand and guide you through the madness....

...

maerd ot peelsa

No comments: