Tuesday, December 16, 2008




Mmmm...


Yeah.


That's it.


Right there.


ooooh.


That's the song I wanted to hear. Perfect timing. I think it, and then it plays. I think I just had an eargasm.

But that's not really what I'm here for. I'm here, writing, for two reasons... the first of which is because of have nothing else to do right now. Sad, I know. The second is becaues I did something last night that I haven't done in a long, long time.

I slept in my bed.

Weird, right? Well, for you it's weird because most people sleep in their beds. It's what beds are for. Well, for sleeping and for fu... well, you know, doing the nasty. For me it's weird because I haven't slept in my bed since... well... since the first day I talked to Her.

I'm not sure if the two are related. I mean, it's not like after that first conversation I was like, I can never sleep in this bed again! But for some reason, when I went to bed, I couldnt' fall asleep... so I moved to the couch. The next night, same thing. So the next night, I just fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. Same the next night... and the next...

And then we were talking so late that, by the time we were ready for bed, I was too tired to get up and would just sleep where I lay.

And then, even on the nights we went to bed early (relatively speaking, of course) or even the nights we didn't talk at all, I would sleep on the couch.

Granted, I have a very comfortable couch and just a so-so bed... but still. That's weird, isn't it? Two months or so without sleeping in my bed?

I think part of the problem is that the bed seems so empty with just me in it. I realize how sappy that sounds, but... it's true. How could I go from spending hours talking to Her about everything under the sun to that cold, empty bed?

Answer: I couldn't. So I didn't.

Until last night.

Last night, I needed my bed.

On Sunday I started to feel sick... my throat was hurting, my head was hurting, my nasal passages felt like a freeway in nyc at 4.30 on a friday afternoon. Then... I didn't go to sleep. Not until 9am, anyways. When I woke up at 11am, my entire body hurt. every muscle. every bone. every nerve. everything. I braved the day, though... for a few hours, anyways. then I came home and napped... woke up, made dinner, went to the store to buy some nyquil/dayquil and then napped again. Woke up for a few hours, talked to some peeps for a bit, then took a nyquil.

I was so hot.

I was sweating.

I took a quick shower and crawled into my ice cold bed, wrapped myself in a blanket, curled into a ball and slept until morning.

mmm... bed.

I haven't decided if I'll go back to it tonight.

We'll just have to wait and see if She shows up.

I'm pretty sure She won't... at least, not until I'm already asleep.

Five more days.

I think it might be Slideshow time.

Then maybe a movie...

And then sleep... somewhere.

No comments: