Sunday, December 21, 2008

I dont' care if you don't... I don't care if you don't.... I don't care if you don't care....
I don't care if you odn't.. I don't care if you don't... I don't care if you don't care...

...

I want a cookie.

Seriously. I do.

A peanut butter cookie.

From Subway.

Not cooked all the way.

But warm.

mmm....

I love cookies.

You know what I miss? I miss Oreos. I do realize that I can just go out and buy some and eat some and they'll be delicious, but it's not the same. So I guess it's not really the Oreo that I'm missing... it's the memories I have of the times I used to eat them as a kid.

Do you remember Jim Henson's Storyteller series? It was on back in '88... That was the year I first moved down to Florida... The show opened with the following line "When people told themselves their past with stories, explained their present with stories, foretold the future with stories, the best place by the fire was kept for... The Storyteller. "



And that's what it was... an old guy and his dog telling stories by a fire. I used to watch it with my dad and sister every week it was on. We would turn off all the lights in the house and then the three of us would pile on the couch to watch. We would each have a mug of cold milk and we would share a box of Oreos.

The show itself was amazing, and, really, so was the experience of watching it as a family.

Good stuff.

It makes me feel all warm inside.

Here, Let me share a bit of it with you before I go to bed...

hmm... it won't let me embed it, so I'll just have to give you a link.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5KBsbSoMg

No comments: