Monday, December 8, 2008

cherry lips

This blog started out completely different. I was writing about a quick trip down memory lane and then starting thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to.... then, somehow, that got me into thinking about the things that I miss.

I suppose it makes sense. I was thinking about all the things that I had in the past... and then I was thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to in the future... and all that leaves to think about is the present and how it doesn't have any of those things from the past anymore and how it doesn't have any of those things from the future yet.

Some days the present just seems so empty.

I realize how depressing that sounds. I just re-read what I wrote, and it certainly isn't full of sunshine. But, then again, it's one a.m.... the sun isn't shining.

I want to go for a walk tonight.

I can't go, though, because I just don't have anyone to walk with.

I know what you're thinking... You're thinking that I'm just sad because I don't have Her here with me. Well, that's part of it, but that's not all of it. These walks of mine aren't all about That. My walks were always about friendship and love and solving life's most inane mysteries and about whatever else happened to come up or be on one of our minds.

I know I've written about my walks before... but I'm going to write about them again for those of you who may have missed the original.

I think the reason I even go for these walks to begin with can be traced back to my sister... namely, when seh came home to visit after she moved out of the house and into the Navy. It always ended up happenning... we'd eat dinner and hang out and talk as a family, and hten when everyone else was asleeep, E and I would get up and walk down to Four Freedom's park and just talk about anything and everything we could think off...

I think I just fell asleep a litle...

Maybe I'll just go the rest of the way.

No comments: