Monday, January 19, 2009


This weekend was pretty huge. Actually, pretty huge doesn't even begin to describe this weekend. I'm not really sure that I am even capable of telling the whole story the way it deserves to be told... at least, not in my current state of mind.






No, I'm not drunk. I'm just tired. And I have to work in the morning. You know... Work... that thing I haven't done since the meeting on Thursday? Yeah... That. Work. In the morning.






So tired....






Actually, I'm going to sleep and just write this up tomorrow. Probably better for us all that way.






TBC....






Ok. Slept. Woke up. Worked. Home. Back.




I still can't do this weekend justice. No way. But I'll try. Thursday, after work, I drove down to South Tampa to have dinner with the Watson's. They owed me a dinner, so it was their treat, which was nice. We went to Ceviche's. It's a Spanish Tapas place. Very cool. We split a huge carrafe of Sangria, and ordered in rounds, instead of all at once. Each round we each chose a dish and split everything when it came. Oh my goodness.... SO good! We all agreed that I had the best picks of the evening. Everything I picked was amazing.... Shells stuffed with spicy veal sausage... scallops in a creamy wine sauce... roasted quail over a bed of spinach.... for realz. SO good. So, so good.... Then, on my way home, I dropped by the Ale House for a frothy beverage or two with Galovic and Tom. Good times.




Slept in on Friday. Ooops! Drove up to G'ville and had lunch at McCallisters. On my way up there, I had a sudden urge to see if my Ex wanted to get together and catch up for a few. I didn't have her number in my phone, but I was pretty sure I remembered it... apparently not. Number not in service, or something like that. I tried going through my email, but I can only see the last 30 Days worth on my phone. No dice. Oh well. Maybe next time... If there is a next time... At McCallisters, I had Broccolli chedder soup in a bread bowl and a sweet tea. oh yeah. Pure. Goodness. Then I went to Devil's Millhopper to wander around with my camera. It was about fifty degrees outside, kind of sunny and amazingly nice. Definitely went back to my car to get my sweatshirt, though. Definitely. After that came dinner with JC and the Sunshine Band at Satchels. For those of you who don't know of Satchels... I'm sorry. They only make the best pizza in the entire world. I feel perfectly comfortable putting myself out there and saying that they make the best pizza in the whole freakin' Milky Way Galaxy. Oh yeah. That good. Next stop was.... well... more of a stutter than a stop. I went down to The Dugout to meet Bennie for a few beers... so, I had a few beers and left before he got there. Then I went to the Swamp to meet Bordo Baggins.... but I was early. So I meandered across the street to The Copper Monkey for a few beers.... Then met Comrade Bordinski at The Swamp where we had a few beers, talked to strange women about ice skating and the perils of smoking and had a grand ol' time. Before I move on, I just have to say that at some point in the night, I saw this one girl from across the bar. It was a brief glance, but our eyes met and there was a flash of recognition, and then it was gone. I remembered her from somewhere, but I had no idea where. It was weird.


Saturday. Funday. Woke up early, then fell back asleep. Then woke up again and made my way to UF's campus to wander around with my camera. Had a good time seeing old places and remembering all sorts of shinanigans that took place around campus. Good times... Then I met up with Mike for the UF Men's Basketball game. Way fun. And... who do you think was sitting in the section right next to mine? JTrain's wife! How 'bout that.... I popped over to talk for her for a bit. I can't believe that I hadn't seen her since her wedding! Craziness! I need to make a trip up to Jax! Anyway... Now... Guess who was sitting in the seat in front of me? Yep, you got it! Mystery Girl from the night before! What are the odds? We spent the entire second half of the game trying to figure out how we knew eachother... turns out she knew some people that I went to high school with... but that wasn't it. Still have no clue, but I added her to my FB, so I'm sure we'll figure it out someday... and if not... who cares? One can never have too many Gator Alumni Friends!! After the BBall game, took another quick tour of campus taking pictures with Mike, then slowly made our way to the Ale House. Wow. It wasn't the original gang, but it was still a solid turn out and a lot of alcohol. I had seven shots of Jager and Mike had more. We got a ride home from a new friend and passed the heck out.




Sunday was... well... recovery. Breakfast with the new friend, another quick trip to campus, then back to tampa. Lunch at Giordano's, desert at Cold Stone, then dropped BordoBordoOxenFree at the airport and then went home to crash. Woke up to an Instant Message that was followed by a three+ hour phone call that included an invitation to move to L.A.




I'm still smiling... though not as much, because Batgirl hasn't been feeling well today. I don't think it has to do with talking to me... but one can't be sure.




And that was my weekend. Time for me to make some dinner and get ready to play some tennis. I hope you folks had a wonderful weekend of your own!

No comments: