Thursday, January 15, 2009

I don’t know when it happened. All I know is that at some point over the last few months I’ve fallen madly in love with someone who lives, roughly, 2534.11 miles away. I can’t pinpoint any one single thing that put me over the edge, just so many little things. I do know the very first moment I thought it might be possible, though.

She gave me a fish.

Not a real fish, either.

A Facebook fish.

I was bored and needed to make a quick Status change on the website, so I typed the first thing I could think of… David has lost his fish. And then I went to work.

When I came home, I had a present waiting for me. Dandelion had given me a fish with a note saying, “lookie what I found…” It was a virtual fish, but still, it made me think, “wow, this girl is cute.” I immediately changed my status to, David has lost his phone number…

It didn’t work.

Not exactly, anyways.

I did not get her number. Not then. It did spark a line of conversation that lead to chatting instead of just leaving each other messages. The first night we chatted for an hour or so. The next night was about the same. Then the hour became two and then three and then four and a week of talking every night became a month which became two and now four months with us talking just about every single night.

Just like each hour we talk passes like a second, each month has just flown by. I can’t tell you when it happened, but it did. Now I love it that he first thing I think about in the morning is the same as the last thing I thought about before I fell asleep: her. I can close my eyes and see her smiling at me. I can remember what it was like to feel her lips pressed against mine. I can remember the feel of her hot breath on my neck. The sound of her breathing softly in my ear. The taste of her skin.

Its been weeks since I’ve seen her and it’ll be months until I see her again, but I can’t stop thinking about her. And I’m okay with that. Life has a funny way of working itself out sometimes, so I guess I’ll just strap myself in and enjoy the ride.

No comments: