Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There's a story in me that I just can't tell. The whole thing is still playing out in my mind and in my life and I just don't know exactly where its going or how it will end and to try and guess at this point would just be foolish so I'm going to let this run on sentence run on and on and let that be it for now.

Today has to have been one of the laziest days of my life. Seriously. For starters, I stayed up kinda late last night. Like, 2ish. Not too bad in the grand scheme of things, but still. Well, I woke up at around 9.30 this morning and checked my email and whatnot... you know, the whole morning routine... and then started watching Obama stuff.

That didn't last too long, though. I remember him leaving a church and then I remember bullet proof limousines.... aretha franklin... biden swearing in.... wait, what? swearing in? I should be awake for this. So I sat up and watched as the a minority became president of the united states. Kinda cool.

Then... well... I don't really remember what happened after that. I think I slept a little more. Then I started my movie marathon.

It wasn't intentional. I mean, I didn't plan on spending my entire day off on the couch watching movies... .but... well... I did.

First, I watched Eagle vs Shark. It was ok. A love story involving two... well, I'm not sure what to call them... nerds? that would be the best description I can think of... but the characters weren't developed enough. Not really something I'd reccomend, but it didn't pain me to watch it. Well, maybe a time or two, but not on the whole.

Next came the Ice Storm. I've been wanting to see that movie for a Long time, but just never got around to it. It was a family drama. Kept me interested throughout. It wasn't until the end, though, that I realized that the movie I'd actually been wanting to see for a long time was Ice Harvest, not Ice Storm. Oh well. Still liked it well enough.

Finally came Smart People. I'd never heard of that one before today, but figured I'd give it a shot. After all, it had Ellen Page. Another family drama... but this one had a lot more humor in it. I liked it. Of the three, I'd say it was the one I liked the most.

Next on tap for the evening was chatting with my favorite Laura in the whole world. In fact, we're still chatting now. How 'bout that? I took a Myers/Briggs type personality test and it told me that I was ESFP. I think that's BS.

Oh well. I'm going to get back to chatting.

You folks have yourselves a good evening and I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow...

No comments: