Friday, May 1, 2009

Perfection




There is no such thing as perfect. The perfect moment, the perfect day, the perfect person, the perfect love. none of these things really exist.


everything has flaws if you look close enough. in the right light. under the right circumstances. everything has flaws. there are no exceptions.


I woke up early this morning and went to a park to watch the sun rise. It was almost cool out, but not so cold that i regretted wearing short sleeves. I walked through the grass, taking off my sandals to let my feet feel the cool, wet grass between my toes. I found a spot out in the open and sat down. I could feel my jeans absorbing the morning dew. I leaned back and i could feel my hands sink into the dirt. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and just sat there listening. feeling. it was so cool and quiet. the only sound i could hear were of some birds in the distance. i could feel the first rays of sun hit my skin, so I ipened my eyes. The sun was just beginning t opeak over the trees, a beautiful golden orange. A florida sunrise.


It was perfect.


But it wasn't.


I looked around, but couldn't find what wasn't there.


I stood up and walked back to my car, the sun still rising behind me.

1 comment:

veronica said...

Did you take that pic? If so, it looks awesome!