Saturday, May 16, 2009

That certain smell...

Some things just remind you of certain other things. It doesnt' matter how much time has passed... it's just the way it is.

Whenever I smell a certain mixture of sweet and tangy, I'm reminded of a flavr of Babalicious gum that I was chewing the first time I ever watched the movie Labyrinth. The association is so strong, that whenever I watch that movie, I get that taste in my mouth.

This afternoon I saw a commercial for a mouthwash. I wasn't really paying attention to it at all, but at some point a woman in the commercial must have just finished swishing and spitting and she looked up into the mirror/camera and smiled and breathed in sharply through her teeth. That reminded me of her. She used to do that whenever she finished brushing. I'm not sure exactly why, but every time she did that I wanted to kiss her and tell her how much I loved her.

Hearing that sound today, that simple little hiss, made me miss how it felt when everything was right with her.

blah.

... i keep thinking sad thoughts.

.... ok... i'm just going to go to sleep.

Good night, cruel world... goodnight.

No comments: