Wednesday, May 13, 2009

gotta get out of the sunlight. gotta get out of here.

you just walked in to my life and completely changed me
you made me who i am
who i always was
you made me happy to be me

but you scared me a little, too
I was never so ... loud ... before i met you
i hardly said a word, though

the whole experience was just
strange

it was Me, and it wasn't
parts of it were me being everything i ever wanted to be
and parts of it were me being exactly who i always was

but alas, it was not meant to be
and now i sit here on my living room floor
just as i did a year ago

have i changed?
if so, was the change good or was it bad?

i think a part of me has changed
and for the better
i said things and did things i never would have done before
and now i know i can do them

there was some disappointment
and some hurt
and sometimes those feelings are still there

but really, what relationship doesn't have
disappointments
and hurt?

what defines those relationships
are the smiles
and the laughs
and the late night conversations
and all the other good things
that define a friendship

so where does that leave me now?
lost and alone
but i'm ok with that
for now

the day of reckoning is coming in two weeks
and we'll just have to wait and see
what happens
next

will i stay or will i go?
once that decision is made
it'll be time to start again
one way
or another.

No comments: