Sunday, May 17, 2009

a new dream

I had a dream
and that dream came true
and I just didn't
didn't know what to do
she was an angel
from the skies above
it should have been
been an easy love

....

she's a misfit
she's a misfit
playing games
playing those games
those painful games
tugging at my heart
pulling at my heart
tearing apart my lonley heart

it all started way back
in cold, cold october
I was ready
ready for you
I just didn't know
what you would do

....
okay, I think Im done...
I mean, I could go on
I know I could go on
I'm just listening to quick music
writing quick thoughts
thinking dark thoughts
wishing things were different
but too scared to change them
and reallyI don't know what I would change
It seems like,right now, everything is in limbo
waiting to find out what's going to happen
I just wish i knew
one way or the other
am I staying
or am I going?
once that's settled
I think I'll be ready to do something again.
I hope I will, anyways.
reckless abandon
breakand be broken
run
run
running
full speed ahead
leap of faith
(for the faithless)
I do know, though
that everything will be alright
I'll wake up from this dream
and start another
and maybe that's what I'm doing now
waking up
still groggy
a little disoriented
trying to figure out
what day it is
what time it is
not quite sure
where I am
or where I should be
still waking up...
the sun shining through the blinds
pulling me gently from my sleep
and into a new day
a new life
a new dream....

No comments: