Friday, May 29, 2009

every night, lately, i've been falling asleep the same way. I'm not really sure what to make of it. it's not a conscious thing... it just kind of happens.

I lie down on my back and close my eyes. I pull my sheet over me and revel in the fresh colness of the previously empty bed. after a short time, though, i begin to get warm. the sound of the ceiling fan becomes noticable. something jsut isn't quite right.

So I gurn over onto my left side. My good ear is burried in the pillow, so the world becomes silent. the ceiling fan is no more. the cars outside are silenced. all that remains is me and my bed. i pull my second pillow in to me. i get warmer and warmer, so the sheet slowly makes it's way off me.

still too warm.

i roll over on to my stomach, completely uncovered. the ceiling fan blowing the cool air on to my bare back.

the cool is nice, but the sound of the fan drives me nuts.

i roll over on to my back. i turn my head again to face the empty room, once again bringing sweet silence.

it doesn't take long after that. sleep sneaks in and steals me away from the world.

every night it's the same routine.

even right now, i'm on my couch, on my back, ready to turn over and shut out the world so sleep can take me away...

No comments: