Thursday, May 21, 2009

cops+robbers

such good music.... seriously. My Recently Added Playlist on iTunes = Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Phoenix ( as well as Lonley Island and the new Eminem ) .... such good music.

it's like i'm not really here--notreally sitting on my living room floor.

i'm floating in a sea of dark and sound.

it's nice.

peaceful.

I've actually got a few stories to tell... Not sure how much I'll give you tonight and how much I'll hold for another time, but ... well, why not just get into the nitty gritty, eh?

Today was fun. Well, not the entire day, but the drive to work was more than just a little badass. I know what you're thinking... you're thinking, "How the heck could a drive to work be fun?" I'll tell you how... A police chase!

That's right. A police chase. And the best part... I was the one being chased!!

Don't get too excited or concerned or anything... it wasn't a high speed chase, but it was amusing to me anyway. Here's what happened...

I was sitting at a traffic light waiting to turn on to the highway. A car pulled in to the lane next to me and a Florida State Highway Patrol car pulled up behind him. My first thought was, "Doh! Setting the cruise control to 72mph... No speeding for me!"

So when the light turned to green, I accellerated pretty quickly, jetting up to about 75mph. Not too fast. I kinda tore off the line, though. Fortnately for me, the car the cop was behind started going extremely slowly.

The cop changed lanes to get behind me.

The slow car did the same before the cop had a chance to pass him.

I set my cruise control for 75mph and watched the cop in my rearview mirror as my radar detector started blaring.

I kept switching lanes, weaving in and out of traffic, looking like I'm flying down the highway, but really, everyone else was just going below the speed limit.

The cop kept weaving in and out as well, trying desperately to catch up, but never going faster than 80mph because traffic wouldn't let him.

As he gets closer, my radar detector starts blaring, and I can actually see the person in the passenger seat with the radar gun trying to point it at me.

Logically, I dodged behind a semi truck so he couldn't get a read on me.

Mind you, this entire time I'm only going a few miles per hour over the speed limit...

I was having fun, though... finally, the cop caught up to me and I gave a little wave as they passed me.

I don't think they were looking.

Oh well... I had fun.

Anyways.... I just realized that story wasn't as interesting to tell as was to live through, so... I think I might just call this blog done.

No comments: