Friday, April 3, 2009

swimming with the fishes

Last night I had the strangest of dreams. I realize this is absolutely nothing new for me, but I figured I would share anyways. I mean, it's not all that often that I remember my dreams, so when I do, it must be significant, right?

Ok. You're right.

Probably not.

But still.



Last night I had a dream. And in that dream we were here and we were there. I was me and you were you, but we were different and we were the same.

I know that's a confusing way to start, but the dream just had that kind of feel.
The feel of surreal.

So, the two of us that were here.... well... we were pretty much the same. We were together, but we weren't. We led two complete seperate lives. Never seeing each other, but always feeling close. we drove to our seperate jobs in our seperate cars. afterwards, we went out to dinner with our seperate friends and finally went home to our seperate apartments, slept in our seperate beds and woke up in them to do it all again. Every single minute, though, of every single day, I could feel you with me. I would pause at work and find myself smiling, thinking of you, and you would do the same.

And the two of us that were there... well.. we were pretty much the same. We were together, but we weren't. We woke up every morning just the way we'd fallen asleep... right next to each other. We would go together to work and send each other messages while we were there. We would meet for lunch every single day and, at the end of the day, we would go home together where we fall asleep in our bed together just to wake up to do it all again.

Both of these days, both of these lives, happened at the same time. A snippet of one, then a snippet of the other.

And I woke up in the middle of the night feeling.... I don't know exactly what I was feeling. Maybe it was nothing in particular, maybe it was just Feeling.

And I woke up with both dreams, both lives, still fresh in my mind, and it made me think.

Watching them both together like that made me feel like neither one is perfect.

Nothing is perfect.

And that's ok.

...

on a side note... i do have a crush.

...

another side note... you have the ability to be anything you want to be.

...

one more side note.... life can be an adventure if you want it to be. every single day can bring you closer to a different dream i fyou let it. open your mind, open your eyes, open your heart and let the world in.

No comments: