Monday, April 13, 2009

Sometimes words just aren't enough

I'm still on vacation. I'm blogging from Mike's place in San Diego. It's kind of hard to decide which stories to tell and how, exactly, to tell them in a way that will truly give them justice.

I mean, let's start with Day 1. I woke up at 7.30 or so last Tuesday for absolutely no apparent reason. I felt the same way that morning as I did when I was 5 years old visiting Florida for the first time and was on my way to Disney World. I packed my bags, checked them a dozen times, watched some TV to distract myself and just drove myself to the airport early. The flight was really not very exciting... which I am totally ok with. Upon arriving in San Diego, Mike and I grabbed some mexican food and some mexican brews and followed that up with some Tilted Kilt. It was his first time there, so we decided to do it right. How did we do that, you ask? Well, by walking our waitress to her car and getting a ride home from her. Yeah, we really are that good.

Day 2 was a mixed bag. I really didn't do anything during the day. Mike was at work and I did a little bit of shopping for some clothes to wear for the rest of the week, then went back to mike's place and watched baseball highlights all day. Wednesday night, though, was a different story. We went to a Pesach Sedar at Mike's coworker's daughter's place. It was a great time. Met some cool people and some good old fashioned jewfun. We followed that up by meeting up with Sean at The Local. Who's Sean, you ask? Just your friendly nieghborhood bartender. He kept our glasses full and was quite friendly. Good times.

Day 3 was nice and chill... Did some apartment hunting with KT, then met up with Mike for some Gator Club happy hour. Well, that consisted of me, mike, kt... and 2 other guys. after that, we met up with some more of mike's friends at another bar in Pacific Beach (PB for those in the know.) They were playing some weird mixes, but a lot of it worked pretty ok. Found out there were Jager Girls. Kind of like Miller Light Girls, only with Jager. Yum. From there we met up with Risa at another bar. So tired... KT fell asleep while leaning up against me near the bar. Yeah, we lamed out and went back to Risa's place to crash. KT in the guest room, mike on one couch, me on another, Risa outside hanging out on her back porcth. My phone buzzes. Risa friend requested me. I accept almost immediately. My phone buzzes again. Risa sent me a message saying, "If you're up, get out here and hang out!" I'm tired, but really, why not? I head out there and hang out with her and 2 guys she randomly met at the bar that night. They were from NorCal originially and both moved to SoCal not too long ago. They were pretty cool. At one point, it was just me and one of the guys hanging out under the stars talking about life in Cali. Somehow the conversation got to politics, the economy and religion. He actually got in my face when I told him that I was agnostic. It was 4am so I figured that would be a good time to crash.

Days 4,5 and 6 were spent in LA. They went by like a dream. Surreal and wonderful and and and and and and and.... yeah.

yeah.

Back in SD now.

One more night.

Then home.

Home.

Argh.

argharghargh.

sigh.

There's more, but I'm hungry. I think it's time for lunch.

Tonight = wings.

No comments: