Saturday, December 26, 2009

Tonight I got to watch a family who hasn't been all together in over a year spend Christmas with each other.

It was pretty cool.

Definitely a little jealous, though...

Moms, dads... grandparents, neices, nephews... husband, wife... and me.

Now, it's not like I felt out of place or anything, good conversation and even better food are always welcome... none of it was Mine, though. It had that Borrowed feel. While I was there, I was family. Right now, though? Well, they're still family and I'm still, well... just me.

Not that I'm alone in this world or anything like that. I have friends, good friends. The best friends, and I love them like family.... and when I'm with them, I really am a part of their families and I love them for that. I really do.

But every single time I make that drive home the empty car acts as my reminder.

I think that's why I have this incessant urge to move around so much. It's not that I'm not happy where I am, it's just that Home is Where the Heart is, right? Well, where's your heart? With your family. Not that you have to live with your family your whole life to be happy, but no matter where you are in the world you always have someplace to go back to... I suppose I'm just looking for that place I can go back to.

No comments: