Thursday, December 24, 2009

Life has been flying by... Its like everything is in fast forward.

Sometimes it seems liek 5 years ago was just yesterday... six months ago just happened. Just now.

Today?

A mere blip.

Blink and you might have missed it.

I remember laying in the grass in frong of Nikki's house in Cape Coral when I was 10 years old. In the summer, we used to just lay in hte grass and watch the clouds pass over us and we would be amazed at how time passed so very slowly. Now it's like a year passes in the blink of an eye.

Christmas is almost here.

It's so close.

I can feel it.

Working in retail tends to beat a person down during this time of year, so, when I say that I feel that Christmas is almost here... well, Trust me. I know Christmas.

When I think back tgo all the Holidays that have passed since those days laying in the grass with Nikki... well... there's so much that has happened.

And there are so many things that are running through my mind right now.....

To some, I want to say goodbye... You were my world. You were everything I ever wanted You made me feel like wherever we were, if we were together, we were home. there were just too many other things that pulled us apart and I'd like to think we are both better having been together and we are better apart.

To others, I want to say... well, I don't know what I want to say. You were my dream. You are my dream. When I think of everything I want, I think of you. there is no such thing as Perfect, though. And sometimes dreams shoudl remain just that... dreams, where things can be Perfect.

And to others, well... timing is what it is and long ago fate decided that things should be as they are.

As for the future... well... I can't say.

Things were what they were,
They are what they are,
And they will be what they will be.

In the meantime, though... in this time where there is no time... Know that a part of me still loves you... and that part of me will always love you... and I hope that you are smiling because I know that, no matter what happens, as long as you are in my heart, I can smile too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember visiting you and Elissa around that age. It was so strange having you in cape coral florida instead of n.y. we all never should have left. i think my path was changed and i feel we all missed out on something.

justdave said...

Life would have been very, very different if we all stayed in Baldwin. I really can't imagine the person I would have become if what happened hadn't.

Life is what it is, though. I'm just glad I'm here to enjoy it.