Wednesday, December 16, 2009

it's not that i can't sleep... its just that I don't want to.

I've been wandering around the internet looking at all sorts of thigns other people are telling me are cool.

Some of those things are cool... some are ok... some, meh. some not at all.

right now, as i lay in my bed, good ear burried in my pillow, i can barely hear the music that's playing while i'm both mesmerized and entertained as I watch the letters magically dance across my screen as my fingers run across the keyboard.

I noticed that while I was on facebook. I was typing something and the letters just seemed like they were chasing the cursor on the screen.

Two thoughts came to mind.

The first was that I was watching a greyhound race. the cursor was the little stuffed rabbit being chased by starved dogs. would they ever catch the rabbit? only if I ran out of things to say....

The second thought was that it wasn't me making the words appear on the screen.... the words are there all along. All I'm doing is moving that cursor to reveal the words one letter at a time. it was as if everything was layed out already, and all i had to do was give it little pushes and slowly the story would unfold right before my eyes.

I think that's what i'm giong to go to sleep to tonight... the thought of a future beginning to unfold.

No comments: