Friday, September 11, 2009

Tonight I am dining on ashes. Feasting on the bittersweet taste of the past and of the future that never will be.

Talking about old friends and old times. Old flames and old fizzles.

Talking about what could have been if only I'd .... or if only she'd.... or if only we'd... but we didn't because we couldn't. Or wouldn't. Looking back its kind of hard to tell which it was. But looking back, it really doesn't matter.

I miss those times. And I miss those friends. And sometimes I think I miss them a little too much. Sometimes it feels like I'm clinging on to those times, trying to recreate them. Trying to re-live them. Trying to stay forever young by association.

Ok. My phone keeps ringing. My Facebook keeps dinging. My eyes keep drooping. Apparently I wasn't meant to blog tonight.

Laila Tov!

No comments: