Tuesday, September 22, 2009





I remember the first time we slept together. Well, that's not quite right... I didn't sleep at all that night. I set it up perfectly, though. We went for a walk, late at night. That wasn't unusual for us. That was actually kind of Our Thing. We would meet up around 11pm or so and walk around campus and talk and do all sorts of random things like sneak in to random building and write positive messages on classroom chalkboards.

On that particular night, though, when I walked her to the door I suggested we watch a movie before calling it a night. The Princess Bride. Who could say no to that? We sat on her couch and started watching. It wasn't long before we were both out cold. The voice of Miracle Max woke me up, so I watched the rest of that scene ("Everybody knows ‘to blave’ means ‘to bluff’...") and then woke her up.

We were both exhausted and half asleep. I was in no condition to walk to my dorm room even though it was just about a hundred feet away.

I suggested she let me just sleep with her.

It was the only logical thing.

She thought about it.

She said yes.

We made our way to her room and slipped in to her bed.

She was out immediately.

I propped myself up on one elbow and looked over at her, watching the slow rise and fall of her chest as she slept so peacefully.

I'm not sure how long I watched her there, but finally I let my head rest on the pillow next to hers and closed my eyes.

The bed was a twin, so our bodies were pressed up against each other. I could feel her body move with each breath she took. I could also feel my own heart pounding in my chest.

I was there.

In her bed.

Having her so close just felt right.

I realized my eyes were open again.
I forced them shut.

Tried to stop thinking of her.

Tried to stop thinking at all.

It didn't work.

It never does.

My arm was asleep.

Holy crap.

Pins and needles! Pins and Needles!!!

Weight shift. Move the arm. Maybe I should roll over. Shit. Wall. Damn twin size dorm beds! Ok, I can do this. Prop myself up, twist. Shit. The covers. Ok... roll over. Reach back over and make sure she's covered. Ok. Shit. She moved. Where'd the pillow go? Shit. Ok. I can prop my head on my arm. She moved closer. If I move my arm I'm going to elbow her. Possibly in the face. That would Not be good. Ok. Maybe I can push her over. Gently. Very gently. Ok. Maybe not. Roll back over. She's so cute. Her hand reaches out and I take it in mine. It is cold. Very cold. How can her hands be this cold? Now my hand is cold. Great. Her cheeks are red. I want to lean over and plant a kiss on one of them. She's still sleeping, though, that would be weird. Maybe she'd like being woken up by a kiss, though. No. She has to be awake for our first kiss. That would be too weird. Way too weird. What was that? There's a light coming from under her door. Did her roommate hear us? Does she know I'm here? Have I met her roommate before? Wait. Yes I have. She was nice. She rolled over! yes! More room! Now I can... wait... no... she's back. I love the way no matter how's she's laying down she manages to press her legs against mine. They're not cold at all. I want to kiss her so badly right now. Can I wake her up and then kiss her? Would that be weird?

... Ok... So you get the point. It was a long night. When she woke up and went to class, I went back to my place and slept all day.

And speaking of sleeping... I think I'm going to try and do that now.

There's no one in bed with me, so it shoudn't be quite that hard to fall asleep... wish me luck!

I'd post this, but my internet appears to be down. Shit. This happens WAY too often.

No comments: