Monday, September 21, 2009

good night good night

Why is it that i can rarely fall asleep when I want to anymore? I missed the opening drive of the Giants game tonight because I was passed out on the couch... but now that I'm lying in bed ready for sleep I'm writing this. It's not like my nap was all that long. Twenty minutes tops. And I know that wasn't enough to really refresh me. I mean, I was pretty freakin tired... Although, based on my current level of awakitude, it must have been enough.

sigh.

Maybe if I start to use some ancient relaxation techniques I'll be able to just zone out until I'm no longer awake. Do you think that'll work?

I don't.

It rarely does... But here's what I try. I find a nice, comfortable position. Close my eyes. Take a deep breath. let it out slowly. take another. and out. Now I focus my mind on my feet, I tense those muscles for just a second, and then let them relax. then move to my calves. tense and release. quads. tense. release. and slowly work through every muscle... even my fingers...

but like i said... that almost never works... so maybe just the blog. which, I s'pose, is just a tense and release of the brain muscles.

you folks have a good night.

I'm going to listen to some Zooey Deschanel.

mmm....

zooey.

No comments: