Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Lesson As To Why You Should Check Your Mail Daily as Well as Double Checking Zip Codes Before Mailing Things





Part One: Checking The Mail



I was busy on Saturday. That's nothing new for me... I'm a happening guy, you know... well, I worked from 10am until around 6pm, then drove down to S. Tampa to meet the Watsonian Wonders for some dinner. Originally, we were going to go to Cappy's for some pizza. Jason and I went there for lunch one day a while back, but Jen never made it, so it was going to be her first time. That was the plan, anyways... and as you know, things very rarely go according to plan. Somehow we ended up craving barbeque, so we went to a place who's name completely escapes me at the moment. It was a Very mom&pop kind of place. Not bad, either. Not the best in the world... but not bad by any means.

After dinner I drove back up to my neck of the woods to watch some UFC beat downs at Gators Dockside. No, I did not get any wings. No, there was no "scooner" sauce involved, but it was still a good time. I got to watch a guy who looked a little too much like Chris get knocked out. That was a good time.

By the time I was pulling in to my appartment complex it was after 1am and I REALLY had to pee. I had a quart of Iced-T while at work, 3 more glasses of T at dinner and half a pitcher of beer and a glass of water while watching the fights. I was BURSTIN.

Sunday was spent hibernating until I had to go to work to do inventory, then at work doing inventory. Nothing too exciting there. Watched a bit of a movie, did some reading, went to work, counted things. Lots of things. LOTS. Then went home, ate dinner and crashed.

Then came Monday morning. Training down in S.Tampa... I always misjudge how much traffic there will be, but always fear that I will err in the wrong direction and be late. So I leave early. But wait! I'm driving by my mailbox.... I could check it... that would delay me a few extra seconds... I'll do that! I park my car... get out... get my mail key.... open my mail box.... smile. What's that in my mail box? It's not junk mail... it's not a bill... it's not ESPN the Mag... it's not a movie from Netflix... what could it be? It's a box!

Yay!

I got a box!

A small box....

But a Box!

I snatch it out greedily and rush back to my car before anyone can steal it away from me. Granted, its 9am and there's not another person in sight... but you never know.

I sit in my drivers seat with my package in my hands and a smile on my face.

I open it slowly, as if that would somehow build suspense.

I see the note, hand written, and let out a little laugh.

"Happy Purim Love A+C"

Under the note was a plastic baggie filled with Hamentaschen.

My aunt and uncle overnighted me homemade cookies. :)

Thankfully I checked my mail after only a few days as opposed to the week it sometimes takes me!

...

Okay, it's late. I'm tired.

...

ok... it's late... i'm not tired... but i should go to bed anyways. that means you don't get part2 tonight. I wore myself out a bit sending an email earlier, so I'm not up to typing anymore.



Oh, and for those of you keeping track! I'm on 18th Floor by Blue October. 23 songs down, 3594 to go....

No comments: