Tuesday, March 16, 2010

dreaming of being




and there we were
face to face
your hands in mine
you leaned forward
and i
well
i did too
eyes closed
lips touching
kissing
dreaming
of
being
...
io che non vivo senza te
...
iron and wine
playing in the background
whispering
words
and rocking us to sleep
knowing you're there
is like dreaming
dreaming
of being
...
Ok.... so here's a question: Are we supposed to want to grow up, or do we just have to?
I can't tell you how many times I stayed up all night with friends and watched the sun come up before going to bed. Sometimes it was with guy friends... sometimes it was with girl friends... sometimes it was with girlfriends. Either way, I miss that. I miss not having to care about tomorrow. I miss being young and knowing that the only thing that matters is Right Now.
To me, that's what being young is. Living in the now. As long as you're doing that, you're staying young.
Right now, everything thing I'm doing, everything I'm planning, is for tomorrow and I can feel time just slipping away. I can feel myself getting older. Growing up. I feel like I should be sipping some Scotch talking about Municipal Bonds and What My Handicap Was Last Time I Shot A Round Of Golf. Well... I don't play golf. I don't own bonds. I am starting to like Scotch, though, so I guess I can't knock that.
I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't want to grow up. I want to stay 20 forever. ... ok, no... 24? no... hmm... how bout if you take the highlights from each year of my early 20's and mash 'em together and that's where I'd like to be.
I don't know anymore... everything's just so.... what it is, y'know? you do. I know you do. I think you do, anyways...
my eyes are closed....
my breathing is slow and deep....
if I stop moving my fingers I think
i just
might
fall
asleep
and then i'll be
dreaminig
of
being

No comments: