Saturday, February 6, 2010




I'm not sure why it happened, but while I was driving down to SoFla the other day, I started thinking about my (mis)adventures with the opposite sex. I've told you guys about the mad crush I had back in the day and, as I mentioned, nothing ever came of that. Well, there were a few other exploits that I had more luck with. But here's the thing... Every single one of those experiences was a tad bit bizzare.

The weird thing is, I don't even remember how I met all of these girls. Not that there were a whole ton of them, but still.

I remember going to the movies on a first date with a girl. I don't remember her name, but I can remember what she looked like. She had longish, wavy dark brown hair. it went down just passed her shoulders. It was cold out and she was wearing a sweatshirt. I remember barely watchign the movie.

no, we weren't making out.

we were talking through the whole thing. I distinctly remember getting shushed at least a dozen times.

after the movie was over, we sat on the trunk of my car in the movie theater parking lot and just talked.

we were there so long the cops started circling us and, when we were the last car in the parking lot, told us we had to leave.

It was a good night.

And now here are two facts that I realize, in retrospect, are totally related.
Fact 1: All we did was talk... I never made my move.
Fact 2: There was no second date.

I was too caught up in the fact that this girl was even out on a date with me and we were hitting it off that I didn't want to blow it by trying to kiss her.

Anyways... this wasn't even the story I meant to tell y'all tonight. Oh well, it's the one you got. Deal.

...

On a completely unrelated note, I was flipping through some old blogs recently and came across something I kinda liked :

I would dance with you.

I'm not sure what started that train of thought... but it's true. I would. And if you ask anyone I know, they'll tell you that dancing is Not what I do. But for you? I would. I would dance just to be close to you, moving with you, smiling and laughing and having fun with you. Even if there was no music, I would dance with you.

....

And I will leave on that note... eyes closed and already dreaming of holding you close and moving to the music that only you and I can hear. ... .. ... Now if only I knew who "you" were....

No comments: