Friday, July 3, 2009

Innerscope




ack!


It's been, like, MONTHS since I've written anything! What's Wrong With Me!?!


A lack of inspiration, perhaps?


Certainly not a lack of perspiration. It's hot as balls right now. I've got the AC pumpin and the fans blowin. My clothes are strewn across my living room floor and I'm sipping on a tall glass of iced tea wearing a sweatband I soaked in water and put in the freezer for a few hours.


I'm hungry again, too.


This isn't good at all.


We're talking five square meals a day and I'm certainly not working out. Its all just getting burned off. Literally. Its like I'm on fire.


I wrote a story a long time ago inspired by this state I'm in. It was about a guy who just got so hot he set someone on fire. Or did he? He was kind of halucinating.... I never said it was a good story, but I wrote it nonetheless.


The idea was there, though.


I had it stuck in my head and I had to let it out.


At the time I as obsessed with the idea of writing a story from the point of view of someone who's point of view was skewed.


Like reading Batman from the view of the Joker. You can't really trust the narrator, but you don't know that from the start. You start off thinking that the view you're getting is the Right view... but it turns out that its very, very wrong.


At first the idea was just to write about someone who was kind of evil... the badguy.... but instead it came out as someone crazy. Going crazy. You can see it as the story developes, but there's nothing flat out telling you. You just have to assume at some point that what you're seeing isn't exactly real.


I thought it was a good concept... I just didn't really execute properly.


I think that's something I could revisit now. It's been a lot of years and I'm much more familiar with crazy than I was back then.


I look around myself now and wonder if this is sanity.


The line is thin, and so often I wonder which side I'm on.


It really has been a whie since I've written anything... it feels kinda nice. my fingers dancing across the keys making their own beautiful music.


In fact... the music is s nice that its actually lulling me to sleep.

So let me leave you th this, dear reader....


What would you do if you found out that you're ownpersonal narator wasn't quite trustworthy? What if hat inner voice of yours started giving you bad intel Intel you Knew as false? Would you start to listen or would you go against your greatest instinct and ignore it?

No comments: