Thursday, July 9, 2009

I don't remember ever being as small as she was. Maybe its just the perspective of being older. Of being taller. She just stood there, with her hands clasped in front of her. She wasn't quite crying, but you could tell how upset she was by the way she kept fidgeting. The entire time her mother was talking to her, she didn't take her eyes off her shoes. I just wanted to hug the poor girl. To protect her. No one so small deserved to be yelled at like that.

...

She has no idea what strange steps lie in front of her. She just looks at the world around her and knows that everything she sees is hers for the taking. She reaches up and pulls a star from the sky and puts it on a thin silver chain around her neck.

...

Her smile says that she's innocent, but her eyes say something completely different.

...

Does perfection exist in another person?

...

What ever happened to the days where kids were just kids?

...

At some point I changed. Looking at myself in the mirror, I know I am not the same person I was when I woke up this morning. So, really, I'm left with one question... who am I?

...

All the houses lined up in neat little rows. All the little girls with their little shoes with their little bows. All the little boys with grass stains on their clothes.

...

Hush

Quiet now.

Just let the music wash over you

And in to you

And through you

...

My eyes are closed. It's so close to being that time....

2 comments:

veronica said...

If I could be a kid again, I would try not to be so self concious and try to discover who I was. I was so worried about what other people thought about me or fitting in.

Does this comment have anything to do with you blog? IDK. I do know that your blog made me think of being a kid again.

Happy Day DAVE!

justdave said...

I'm with you on that one... If I could turn back time I... well, I would probably be pretty similar. I'd like to think that I would do things differently, that I would be more confident, more secure... but really, I am who I am. If I can't change now, what makes me think I could go back and change things then? I'd like to think I would/could... but... who knows.