Thursday, February 5, 2009

I feel like I should be writing about some great epiphany or some witty observation of the world around me. Sorry to disappoint, but that's not what's coming tonight. Frankly, I'm not quite sure what's coming.

I want to travel.

Like, right now.

I want to get up, pack a backpack full of clothes and bathroom essentials and head to the airport and buy a plane ticket on the next flight out. I don't care where it's going, I just want to go.

I started looking in to taking a trip around the world. The other day I met a guy who runs a travel agency and he gave me a ballpark figure of about $5,000 in airfare, depending on where I want to go and when. That's just for the plane tickets. Hotel, food and other travel expenses would be additional. I'm trying to see if I can get someone to finance the trip if I write about it. Like, a daily blog of sorts. Maybe even tote along a video camera to post those RealWorld Confessional style clips where I spout out the dirty details that I normally wouldn't write about. I think it's a prett solid idea. All I need is a site to sponsor me.

That's all in the future, though.... the relatively distant future at that. What's coming sooner is... well.. the weekend after next.

I just found out that I'm off work for the entire weekend. Friday. Saturday. Sunday. No work. All play. What to do... what to do...? Any suggestions? The first thing I thought of was a quick--- wait... hold on a sec. Road trip?

Road TRIP????

Seriously, why not?

I was thinking of flying somewhere... but... why fly when you can drive?

Seriously.

Where should I go?

I could always drive myself down to the Cape for the weekend... Hang out with Jason... but... Savannah sounds kind of nice, doesn't it? Leave Friday morning, get there by Friday night. Have a nice dinner and maybe hit up a coffee house or bar before calling it a night. Spend Saturday exploring the city on foot.... taking in all the history... all the charm of the city... everything that Savannah has to offer.

New orleans could even be doable as a road trip. Much more car time, but it should be absolutely bonkers right now.

The Keys?

hmm....

I want an adventure.

One way or another I will be leaving Tampa.

Who's coming with me?

No comments: