Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Great Reveal!

when i walk in public
people think i'm smiling at them
but i'm not
i'm thinking of you.

...

a mystery... wrapped in an enigma... all covered in cheese.... That's how I described myself today. I liked it. So much so, that I used it in a blog. Right there. yeah...

So, why is it that I described myself like that, you ask? I'll tell you why.... Someone asked me, today, who the mysterious woman simply known as Batgirl is. Well, many of you already know the answer (considering, like, 4 people read this blog... Thanks Leann, Mike, Regina and the Batgirl herself!) It should come as no suprise that Batgirl is the only person (besides Mike) who's ever commented on any of these random ramblings....

That's the only hint I'll give you. It's a big hint, so I think we'll be ok.

...

The reason I wrote that first bit of the blog was because .... it's true. Tonight, for example. I was in Publix, minding my own business, holding 2 yogurts, a cannister of coolwhip and looking at the ice cream with a big ol' grin on my face. I couldn't quite decide which flavor to get. it's a very important decision, you know... not one to be taken lightly. It's almost like buying a T-Shirt. One can never be too carefull. Well, I had one container in my hand and was putting it back, having reconsidered, when I heard a voice from beside me.... "that one not doing it for you?" "nah... not feelin' rocky road... not tonight, anyways," I responded without taking my head out from the freezer... I could not be distracted, lest I make a decision I would regret later.... Otter Paws... there we go... just the ice cream I needed... "good choice," I heard the voice say... so this time, I looked up. "Indeed," I responded and began my exit. "Enjoy!" teh voice called out after me.... "Oh, I will... I will," I answered over my shoulder, not even turning around. It's not often I leave girls hanging in the freezer.... but there was a reason I was smiling when she walked up. ... and she wasn't it.

Then, I found myself in line getting ready to make my purchase. In front of me was a guy and his teenage son. They were buying microwave dinners at 9.30 at night. I didn't question. I just stood there thinking about Batgirl and coolwhip... smiling... when the dad says, "nice dinner"... small talk ensues. Normally I don't like talking to stangers. Lately, though, I have no problem making witty banter with strangers.

I'm just so darn happy all the time.

It's kind of sick.

I blame Batgirl.

2 comments:

lulurose said...

i can't believe u outted batgirl! u r going to be in biiiiiiiiig trouble when she finds out!!!!!

justdave said...

Wow. Way to make it a challenge, sweetness. Thanks. :-P