Sunday, July 31, 2011

I close my eyes and I squeeze them tight



and she was a rocket
and i had a parachute
and i was ready to hang on
for as long as i possibly could

...

you with your switchblade posse
i'll get my guns from the south

...

Ok, so here's the thing:

The thing.

...

Seriously, though, there is something there.
... well, not THERE as in, where I just typed, but its there
somewhere
so I guess I'll just let it out.

I'm in like.

Not love.

Like.

As in, I'm kinda smitten.

Like a kitten.

Only not.

There's a catch, though. There always is with me.
Always.
This one's a repeat, though.
That's new.
Usually I pick different ways to fall for the wrong people. This time, though... this time its something I've done before.

That's right, I've become smitten with someone who lives on the wrong coast.
The west coast.

argh.

Very frustrating.

Very.

Here's the thing, though:

The thing.

Ok... it wasn't funny the first time and it certainly wasn't funny this time, but I did it again.

Like I was saying, though, before I interupted myself... this one is different. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "they're all different. we've been down this road before..." but..
but..
but...
this time she really IS different.
She's the most random person I've ever met. In a good way.
She's.. well.. I don't want to get into that, because there's always a chance, no matter how slight, that she'll end up reading this....
So lets just say that I think she's neat-O.

And right about now, as I'm laying here in bed, hardly able to keep my eyes open... I would give just about anything in the world to have her by my side.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen so I'm just going to have to curl up in bed, maybe listen to some Mumford & Sons and hope I drift away to sleep where I can dream some happy, happy dreams... unless she calls, then I'll go for a 4 mile stroll around my neighborhood in the middle of the night.

I'm hoping for the stroll.

No comments: