Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wanderlust



It feels like everything is just spinning around in circles.

It's starting to take hold of me again. I've started researching Belize. Dreaming. Planning. How much money do I make? Ok... now how much can I save? Will that be enough? It will. I can do it. 5 years. If I get lucky I could do it sooner.

Seattle or Portland? Those could work too. Probably sooner. Definitely sooner. But definitely a different life than Belize. A much different life than bama. Much different than Florida, too. More my style. More so than Belize.

I don't know where these thoughts of me in a tropical paradise come from. That's not my style. I like the beach, but I'm not in love with it. I like cities too much to abandon that for an island. Don't I? I think I do. What do I really know, though?

Not a whole heck of a lot, I can tell you that right now.

What would I do in Belize? Like, what would I do for a job. How would I earn a living. I'm not a farmer. I don't grow things or raise things or even make things. Maybe I could open a resort of some sort. The only business skill I really have is communicating with people. Maybe I could do some sort of sales or marketing for an existing something or other.

Or maybe staying in the states is really the best bet for me.

Moving out west.

Not Cali, though... for how much I love it there, I just don't think it's the right fit for me. Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity presented itself there's a definite chance I'd take it, but I don't really see myself there. Not long term.

Long term.

That's a concept I don't really know much about.

It seems like my life exists in six month increments.

Planning for this trip.

Going here.

Going there.

Moving here.

Moving there.

Maybe Belize.

Maybe Portland.

Maybe Detroit.

Wait...

Detroit?

Who knows any more... I sure as heck don't.

For now, though... it's 16 Days until Vegas with The Crew. After that, it's 6 months until.... well, we'll just have to see about that, won't we?

No comments: