Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I always sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door. I didn't always. I remember when we lived at The House I slept on the side closest to the window. When it was really cold and we were covered in heaps of blankets, I would slide my leg over to the marble window sill just to feel the cold on my skin in stark contrast to the warmth I'd feel from you.

...

So, I played basketball last night with a bunch of guys from work. I was talking about it today with one of my coworkers. At first we were talking about our aches and pains in our old age, and then we started talking about the games themselves. I mentioned that I couldn't wait to play again to make up for all the shots that I missed. He just looked at me for a second and kind of laughed. He said that a couple of the guys were talking earlier that morning about all of the crazy shots that I made and no one really noticed all the ones I missed.

I think its so weird how so often all I see are the shots I miss and totally lose sight of all the amazing ones that I make.

No comments: