Wednesday, June 3, 2009

angel




an angel needs to rest her wings
so she lands on a crowded street.
not paying attention,
i bump in to her.
without looking up,
i appologize.
she place her hand on my shoulder
and tells me that everything will be all right.

I look up
and look in to her eyes
and I believe her.
Everything WILL be all right.
and i smile.
and she smiles.
and we stand there for a minute
looking in to each other's eyes.
smiling.

I ask her where she is going.
she says
nowhere.
you?
everywhere,
i answer.
care to join me?

she smiles.
i smile.
she's so beautiful.
her hand slides from my shoulder
to my elbow
to my hand.

she squeezes my hand
and says
join you?
I've always been with you
and I always will be
and she smiles
and kisses me on the cheek
and walks away
disappearing into the crowd.

No comments: