Monday, March 5, 2012

Without Words






I will tell you anything you want



All you have to do is ask



I new it would come back to you



This whole time






I wasn't sure if it was what I wanted



But there you were



right before my eyes






I can't tell you what you want



But you want to be alone



And I don't want to be alone






Maybe next year



We'll be on the same page



But maybe next year



We'll both be gone






I can't tell you who you are



But I do know what you are



to me



I can't tell you who you are



But I can tell you that you're not alone






...






Last time we were together you whispered something to me that I can't forget.



You thought you were being sneaky, whispering in my bad ear... but you whispered just loud enough for me to hear.



I smile now, just thinking about it.






...






I haven't written anything in a long time and I'm not really sure I know why that is. Actually... I might know why that is.






In fact.






Fuck it.






I know EXACTLY why I haven't been writing... I'm missing my inspiration. I was close. So close. I could feel her next to me... but when I turned towards her, she was gone. Poof! Like magic!






I was left with smoke and mirrors and empty words at my fingertips






What used to flow became a trickle.






... And just like that, the well has run dry. I must have typed a dozen sentences and deleted them all. None seemed to say what I wanted them to say.






I'll leave you with this, though: Let's you and me hope that I find my inspiration soon. I'm not sure I can take many more nights without the will/desire/want/need/whatever to write.






Good night, San Diego.. and Good night, world. This is Dave, signing off.






Peace out. and remember. eat those vegetables!

No comments: