Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I can love deeply, move mountains, and bring the star down for you from the sky, yet have a hard time expressing my feelings and seem like I'm hiding behind a wall
...
its funny how strange things seem somehow even more strange when you think about them at 2 in the morning
...
there's something out there, in the cold night, that's constantly pulling at me; trying to draw me out, but to where I do not know
...
head first
head strong
head on
just so long as we're moving on
One foot
in front of the other
...
I'm totally baffled by the opposite sex.
Not sure if you guys have noticed that from all of my ramblings, but its true.
Most times this is ok because... well... its the norm. I'm used to it. What kills me, though, is when I THINK I know what's going on and it turns out I am 100% wrong.
one hundred
percent
wrong.

Seriously. I think this should be a class in high school. Understanding the Opposite Sex. My goodness... talk about an essential life skill. I'd put it right up there with Economics. At the very least make it a section of Health class. You could put it just between the pregnancy stuff and the std stuff that way its surrounded by scariness so, hopefully, the kids won't start practicing too early.

Necessary life skill, though. Unfortunately Understanding the Opposite Sex is not a skill I have.

...

For so many years Racquetball was my outlet. My way to let out steam. Being trapped in that box just wailing on that little blue ball. Running. Crashing. Diving. All the while hitting that racquetball as hard as I could. It was good for me. All my pent up... well... pent up everything could be left on that court in a mixture of sweat and blood. I could leave the court completely drained of everything. I'd go home, shower, and emerge a fresh man in every way you can think of.

No comments: