Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Human Torch



I think if I were going to be any superhero, it would be The Human Torch. Not because he's was one of the Fantastic Four... Not because I think it would be cool to jet around town as a giant fireball... No. I would be The Human Torch because, well, that's what I already am.

I'm like a million degrees right now.

The AC is running, my fan is on full blast and I'm lying in bed sweating. It's kinda gross.

Normally what I do in situations like this is an ice cold shower and a shave. Its officially summer when my beard disappears. It'll come back. most likely very soon. But tonight? Tonight it's going away.

...

Hi friends.
I have an idea...
Just for tonight
Lets pretend.
Lets pretend we're the Lost Boys
Chasing each other
And being chased
By the evil Capt. Hook.
Lets fly together
And be free.
Lets pretend
Just for a little while.
Lets pretend we're spies
On a secret mission...
A secret mission of fun!
Tonight, dear friends
Lets pretend.
Lets pretend.

...

It could have been anyone... anyone... we are not alone. We come. We know. We come. We stay. You won't remember. We won't remind you. We come. We know. We come. We stay. You won't remember. We won't recognize each other

...

She wrote my name across the bathroom mirror in her lipstick.
It was surrounded by a heart.
The counter was covered in her tears.

...

I asked you once
I asked you twice
And its not something I can ask again.
If you say no
Just one more time
If you say no
I just don't know
If I can hold on
Hold on
Hold on

...

My fingertips are tingling. And no, I haven't been drinking. I don't hear the ocean right now, though, which is a good thing. I thought I was going to go crazy for a little while there. It was close this time. So close. Those times.. when the ocean comes.. its all i can hear. Lowercase i, but when the ocean is here, i'm not really me. i'm a shell. filled with nothing but that sound. in a way its a relief to hear something in that ear. its been so long since i've heard a voice on that side. a whisper.

she used to whisper secrets in that ear. after the hearing was gone. i could feel her breath barely escaping as she said things i can only imagine.

...

I'm starting to fade. Time for that shower and shave.

Think cool thoughts.

No comments: