Sunday, June 13, 2010

Worlds Apart




I would follow you from Maine to Spain

Even thought I know it ain't sane

The fire in my heart's fueled by propane

And all it needed was a little light

When you came by it was love at first sight

Now I think about you ever day and night

Even though I know it ain't right

...

She wakes up periodically and tells me to slow down, she doesn't like it when I drive this fast. As soon as she falls back asleep, I press my foot gradually down on the accelerator. I pick up speed slowly, a sudden acceleration would wake her up in a heartbeat. She doesn't even realize that the reason I'm speeding is because I'm tired. So tired.

Everything around me is becoming a blur and I just want to be home and in our bed. My bed. Any bed. She sleeps and dreams about tomorrow, while I drive and think about today. Things have changed between us. She doesn't see it because, well, she's asleep. I never saw it before because I just didn't want to. I chose to live my life with blinders on.

...

Everyone makes mistakes, but I don't think I'll ever understand why you had to be mine.

No comments: